• The Propsnappers RC Club of Greater Portland announces the 2nd Annual Wings for Wishes event, in conjunction with our annual Open House, June 26th. All proceeds towards this event will be 100% donated to Make a Wish Maine Foundation.
There will be plenty of activity that day with prizes, raffles and food. A noon time show will feature a few of our local talent and together with our own club members, there should be some great flying all day. All pilots need to be AMA and FAA. Those of you that would love to fly that day there will be a $20 landing fee. Parking will be tight so get there early. The Propsnappers RC club field is located off of Running Hill Rd. Scarborough. Look for signs. Time for this event will 9am-4pm. Free to the Public.
We'll have available instructors willing to introduce those whom have had the desire to try Radio Controlled flying.
The Wings for Wishes event was started in Montana by Eric Kendall 2011. It has now grown to several states taking part and now Maine has joined the group.
Please make an effort to join us June 12th.
Hope to see everyone there! Should be a great day for a worthwhile benefit.
Please help by contributing any amount you can - $30, $50, $100 or even more. Every dollar you donate can help Make-A-Wish kids renew their courage and find a turning point in their lives.
If you’re not able to make this great event and want to donate on-line please visit:
• Aerobatics Introduction Class June 29th 6-8PM basement of Hobby Center. Class presented by Bill Lairsey and Larry Ventura. All welcome with any interest in learning more about both precision and 3D aerobatics.
• Updated membership roster in "Members Only" section
Note: User name is "propsnap"... Pass word is 2016 gate code.
Monthly Club Newsletters: Apr16 | Mar16 | Feb16 | Jan16 | Dec15 | Nov15 | Oct15 | Sept15 | May15
Membership Forms: • Application • Release
Who we are:
The Propsnappers is a Maine corporation established in 1963 to promote and encourage the hobby of building and flying radio controlled model airplanes. The club is non-profit organization, which holds monthly meetings throughout the year, sponsors flying contests in the summer, and operates a flying field for the use of its members. The field is located off Green Rd. in Scarborough, ME. Directions to our Flying Field!
Cost of Membership:
Yearly regular dues are $50.00; Youth are free. A one time initiation fee if $10.00 is assessed for new members, members joining after September pay the full years dues and are credited for the following years dues. An instructor fee $25 per season is required for all members needing flying lessons.
Club members must also become members of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), apply for membeship on the AMA website.
Membership applications for the Propsnappers Club are available at Ray & Robin’s Hobby Center, 65 Gray Road, Falmouth, ME 797-5196. Or download the application from this website and mail to our club Treasurer.
Benefits of Membership:
• Members have the use of the club field from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm seven days a week, in conformity with the club’s field rules.
• Members get help in learning to fly. A novice night is held each Thursday evening, with experienced fliers help novices learn to fly.
• Members may engage in friendly competition.
• Members enjoy the fellowship of club meetings held first Wednesday of each month to discuss upcoming events and building secrets. The membership meeting starts at 6:30PM.
Local Area Clubs:
Skystreakers - New Gloucester Maine. See Skystreakers Classified Adds: Link
Brunswick Area Modelers - ( BAM )
Southern Maine Radio Control Helicopter Association - ( SMRCHA )
Strawberry Patch RC Flyers ( Sanford Maine )
Kennebec Valley Model Aviators - ( KVMA )
Downeast Soaring Club
Other Links of Interest:
Ray & Robins Hobby Center - ( Local Area Events Listing )
Annual Jet Rally in Sanford, Maine